Sins play a vital role in making our duas unaccepted. Here is a short summary of what Ibn Qayyim compiled about how our sins impact our lives .
" A sinful person experiences a sense of alienation (indifference) with his Lord and between him and other people . A sinful person sees that things become difficult for him . In many matters he finds the way blocked. By the same token, for the one who fears Allah , things are made easy for him . Sins make our lives difficult and eastablish distance between The Lord and the person and duas don’t go at the level of acceptance. The Messenger of Allah Holy Prophet ( peace be upon him) said'': A man is deprived of provision because of the sins he commits. (Ibn e maja)
KEY FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF DUA : The Holy Prophet ( peace be upon him ) said : “ whosoever desires that Allah answers his duas in unfavorable and difficult conditions , he should make plentiful duas in days of ease and comfort. ) Ibn e maja)
The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked , "which dua is more heard by Allah" The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said,” The dua during the last part of the night and after the fard prayer. (Al tirmizi )
DUAS WHICH NEVER GO UNACCEPTED :
The Holy Prophet ( peace be upon him ) said: ''Three duas are such in which there is no doubt of their acceptance (1) Father’s dua (2)
Traveller’s dua (3) dua of the oppressed. )Al tirmizi, Ibn e maja )
BENEFITS OF DUA :
1.Abdullah Bin Omer narrated that : The Holy Prophet
(peace be upon him) said "For whosoever the door of dua is opened, for him the doors of mercy are opened." )Tirmizi)
2. Hazrat Salman Farsi narrated that: The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said "Dua turns away destiny and good deeds lengthen age. (Tirmizi)
3. The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said "when a person dies, all his actions come to an end with the exception of three.
(a) Sadqa jaariya , recurring charity (b) knowledge from which benefit continues to be reaped (c) and the prayers of his pious children for him. (Tirmizi)
4. A person engaged in dua can never ever be arrogant because one asking to Allah, he is affirming his own powerlessness.
5. The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said "All those calamities and misfortunes that descends and that which will descend in the future can be averted and protected by dua. So, o’ servant of Allah ! observe dua." (Tirmizi)
6. The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said "Must I not inform you of the thing which will protect you from your enemy and increase your sustenance ? Make supplication
)dua) to Allah day and night because supplication is a weapon of a Muslim. (Bukhari)
ETIQUETTES OF DUA :
One’s earning should be halal.
Complete trust on Allah , having no doubt in mind and keep distance from sins.
Be in wudu and face the Qibla.
Begin dua by praising Allah and sending prayers and blessings upon RasoolAllah. (s.a.w)
Calling upon Allah by His names especially ya Arhamar rahemeen and ya zuljalal e wal ikram.
Ask like a beggar.
Never ask for anything that is haram.
Don’t say ‘ if you want ‘ , ask with full confidence .
Repeat each and every dua three times .
Before asking say a lot of istighfar .
End your dua with praise of Allah and prayers upon RasoolAllah. (s.a.w)
(To be continued...)